Run Flats?

GBN

My 2023 Audi A5 Cabriolet did not come with a spare nor run flats. Just a tire repair kit. Hi end fix-a-flat.  Has anyone recommendations for run flats?

Welcome to the Audi Owners Club !

Good to have you onboard.

Hello Gary,

Run flats?? Obviously their supreme benefit is to ensure the car remains as safe as it can be in the event of a tyre deflation. However, the trade off is a much harsher ride due to the sidewall reinforcement, and you have to live with this mile on mile, until you hopefully ( don’t) need them. 
Question is, do you really want run-flats for their inherent safety, and are you prepared to sacrifice the ride trade off? 
Or do you want run-flats, simply to avoid the inconvenience of attending to the tyre at the point of deflation? 
Some models still retain the space for a space-saver spare wheel - not sure about yours - and this can be purchased along with a jack and wheel brace - as they used to be! 
Perhaps that may better suit your needs -? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
Apologies for our tyre,  rather than your tire. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Welcome to the Audi Owners Club !

Good to have you onboard.

Hello Gary,

Run flats?? Obviously their supreme benefit is to ensure the car remains as safe as it can be in the event of a tyre deflation. However, the trade off is a much harsher ride due to the sidewall reinforcement, and you have to live with this mile on mile, until you hopefully ( don’t) need them. 
Question is, do you really want run-flats for their inherent safety, and are you prepared to sacrifice the ride trade off? 
Or do you want run-flats, simply to avoid the inconvenience of attending to the tyre at the point of deflation? 
Some models still retain the space for a space-saver spare wheel - not sure about yours - and this can be purchased along with a jack and wheel brace - as they used to be! 
Perhaps that may better suit your needs -? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
Apologies for our tyre,  rather than your tire. 

I just don't like the idea of getting stuck someplace without a spare or ability to get home. We have run flats on my wife's BMW X3 and the ride is fine but a very different car/suspension situation. I'll check with dealer about room for small spare. Thanks.  We are two peoples separated by a common language!

Thanks Gary,

If there is a spare wheel well (and you can easily check this) then it should be possible to buy a spare wheel ‘kit’ for it, which will include the ‘temporary’ spare wheel, the jack and the wheel brace - all at a price!
If you are cost conscious then you might well pick up these items at a vehicle breaker. 
No spare wheel well? Then I would think you will just have to accept the situation as it is, or make room in the trunk, which I guess is already restricted, being a convertible. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.