Insurance renewal price

Pappa583

Just been looking for comparisons for the insurance due next month for my 2016 q7 and shocked by the price hike..... I'm a year older still no claims or convictions but wow.... the price is seriously high compared to last year, and the car is worth less than not was. Anyone else experienced the ridiculousness of renewals recently. I'm 50 next year, been driving since 17, clean license, own another car with 15 years no claims and 5 years no claims on this one.... aviva are almost £1k, others on compare the market are over £700

Hello Paul,

From family member’s experience this year,  to avoid surprise, double last year’s premium and knock a £100 or so off, and that’s about it. No doubt other members will be along and point out that theirs haven’t increased much, but I think there has been enough media hype to warn us all. 
What I’ve found is that the variation in the cheaper end of the comparison site quotes is not what it used to be - suggesting a cartel-? 
As you point out, the quoted ‘vehicle value’ would be insufficient  to allow you to replace the vehicle like for like. 
‘….50 next year……’ Wait until you clock 80, then you will feel the pain of premium increases! 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

3 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Paul,

From family member’s experience this year,  to avoid surprise, double last year’s premium and knock a £100 or so off, and that’s about it. No doubt other members will be along and point out that theirs haven’t increased much, but I think there has been enough media hype to warn us all. 
What I’ve found is that the variation in the cheaper end of the comparison site quotes is not what it used to be - suggesting a cartel-? 
As you point out, the quoted ‘vehicle value’ would be insufficient  to allow you to replace the vehicle like for like. 
‘….50 next year……’ Wait until you clock 80, then you will feel the pain of premium increases! 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth

Think I need to sell the rs that just sits on the garage with all the no claims on it....  only did 500 Miles last year so really not getting used like it used to 😭....

If nothing else it will help towards the insurance and the new dreaded tyres in a few months 

Paul

Hi Guys

80 try 89 lol

I ran a Camry 26 years yes 26

Insured  with a major company was in the £500 area full no claims 

I got a quote from the same company for my "new 2015 A5 1800 "

Of £1900 YES,

I ended up with another major company at £880. 

It seemed a bargain LOL

Johnny M

That would be Admiral ! then Johnny. 
Well done. 
Keep ticking over and counting the marbles. The general consensus is that us folks don’t have any left to count. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

What year is the RS Paul? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi gareth,

Not an audi this one's a ford Focusrs mk2 2010 so getting on a bit now, still under 40k miles but super clean and been garaged in my 6 years ownership

Totally different to drive to the air suspension  and automatic q7, its not as refined, noisy, bumpy as hell and I feel like it's trying to kill me every time I take it out on a Sunday blast.... not that it's been out in a while 😱

Paul 

Gareth

Yes the marbles still roll around

That why it annoys me when they think

they can just put it over me. (old bloke )

No way lol

Johnny M

PS   Paul I used to live in BELMONT

7 minutes ago, Johnnym said:

Gareth

Yes the marbles still roll around

That why it annoys me when they think

they can just put it over me. (old bloke )

No way lol

Johnny M

PS   Paul I used to live in BELMONT

Belmont, just down the road. Moved somewhere more exotic? As for insurance Premiums, think my dh4 postcode is a great excuse for higher prices

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 8:47 PM, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you haven't done so already.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Dan - can you please help with getting a cheaper quote on a Q7 via AdrianFlux?