Audi A6 Economy

Matt0941

Hey all, 

I just bought a 2010 Audi A6 Avant 2.7L. I’ve had the exact same car in the past and consistently got about 41.5MPG. The only difference on the car I have now compared to the old one I had is that it has the Air Suspension and Xenon Lights optional extras. It’s still only front wheel drive. Also not sure what sort of diesel is in it at the mo. (I always use a big name rather than supermarket). Drove it home from the dealers on the motorway yesterday and got about 44MPG but the overall was 28.8. I reset the stats today and have done a bit of driving around town and both overall and per trip consumption are at about 35mpg. 
I was wondering whether the Air Suspension would make a noticeable difference to the MPG? 
Probably just need to drive it for a while but can’t understand why the overall MPG would be so low at the moment 

Edited by Matt0941

• 1 month later...

You won't get a good fuel mileage from just around town, you need a few long distance journeys in to get the fuel mileage up, you will always use more fuel with stop start journeys around town than a long distance journey