New member with A5 issue that's driving me mad.

jjonnip

Glad to of found this place to start with and hello to one and all.

Bought an old A5 about 3 months ago and it was an impulse buy, don't regret it for one minute apart from the issue I'm having now.

It's the 3 litre coupe quattro 08 plate and it's so much fun to drive and extremely fast.

No DPF no EGR no swirl flaps no back box straight pipes re mapped and rolling road test and all that kind of stuff which to be honest doesn't mean

An awful lot to me apart from it sounds really nice and goes quick. Problem I've now got is no electricity at all. No warning and it was running spot on

Then came out of a shop and completely nothing, wouldn't even release the key fob out of the dash, couldn't even put hazards on. AA guy said it's the alternator then the next day it's working again then a few days later it's back to the same problem and another AA guy said battery or alternator so changed battery and great for a day then problem again.

Anyone had same problem and does it sound like the alternator.

Cheers Jonnie p

Hello Jon,

Welcome, and thanks for joining. 
Getting the alternator output checked would be a great point to start from. 
Halfords (shops) should be able to do that for you, and check the battery efficiency at the same time, although the battery efficiency will obviously be compromised if the alternator output is below par. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.