Keyless entry on A6 2021 Avant

DomDom

Afternoon all,

Is there any way of telling if keyless entry is fitted and just disabled please? The door handles seem to indicate that it should be fitted, but this is my first Audi so perhaps the handle is standard. Thanks in advance.

Very excited even 1 day into having the car, now trying to find out what options it has. So nice to drive as well, smooth and torquey. Even the wife approves, high praise indeed for a Jag and Merc girl. She says it’s light years ahead of my old Superb mk2 estate, which is a very similar platform. I have to agree. 

Merry Christmas all.

Dom.

Thanks Dom,

The best way to obtain a build record is to go along (I wouldn’t do this by E-mail or phone) to an Audi dealer Parts Dept, armed with your V5 or VIN and asking if they would be kind enough to provide you with a print out of the build record - alway nice to have. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth.

Already doing that. The chap I buy my cars from, and have done for 24 years, has requested this for me. He is at SEAT Birmingham, so in the VAG group, got me this car.

I recall the Skoda had a label in the boot with lots of 3 digit codes but no luck finding one in the A6 so far. But, while looking in the boot I did find what looks like a subwoofer, at least that’s what googling the part number says, and it seems to point to premium audio. Result!

As you might be able to tell, I absolutely love this car 😁

• Like 1

The myaudi app will also give you the configuration - you can also go to their website - https://my.audi.com/ - in both, once you register your vehicle you can get details of the equipment and service history.

You might also have access to Audi connect for a trial period and at least one option to upload the latest maps.

It sounds (no pun intended) like you have the Bose subwoofer? Mine takes up th ewhole spare wheel area but I have seen a Q7 where the sub woofer fits inside the space saver wheel.

As for keyless entry - I think that they have the mechanical options all attached to the door but mine also has the little rectangles that suggest keyless but they aren't connected ot anything 😞

I think that might be the case for mine. Rectangles on the handles but no way of turning it on that I can find. The MyAudi app is wanting a 10 digit code which I don’t have yet.

Anyway, just back from a week in Spain so I’ll get back on it tomorrow.

Have to say the A6 is a vastly superior drive to the rental I had in Spain. Horrid MG thing, so glad to be back in the Audi, just not keen on the weather we came back to.

I've a feeling that advanced key is always paired with keyless start? In which case you'd start the car with a button in the centre console as well... I expect the door handles look the same regardless.

Yes, it has keyless start with the advanced key (if Google images are to be trusted), and looking at the door handles one might reasonably guess it should be keyless entry as well, but it seems not. 
Probably better for security this way.

I scanned it with VCDS last night and there is nothing obvious to indicate keyless entry is fitted. I would expect a module in the list when scanning for fault codes. It lists everything fitted in that output, which is extensive but unless it’s buried in another controller (like the body control module) I’m not seeing it.

Will ask for the build sheet from the dealer, that should be definitive.

What is making me curious is, on a previous car I had with keyless fitted (Range Rover) there was an option to disable the keyless entry part while retaining keyless start. I’ve no idea why one might want to disable it but the option was there.

Forgive my probably likely assuming comment. But I was under the impression keyless entry is a standard option on all 2020-A6’s s line models. 

this coincides with a quick check on autotrader which suggests all cars have this fitted as standard if your vehicle is an s line which comes with for all intents and purposes I label as tech pack 1 which has the basic functionality and some additional premium functions.

i may be wrong but if you can confirm it by other means this seems to be a logical question to start with.

Yes, it is the S-Line. So possibly a eureka moment here. If it was standard, it might have been disabled, presumably for security reasons.

i have been looking into whether the advanced key goes to sleep (stops transmitting) when stationary, like a few others such as newer BMW keys. It’s aimed at stopping relay theft with those boxes the crooks use. If the Audi key doesn’t do this the previous owner might have disabled keyless entry to combat relay theft, in which case, re-enabling it might not be a good idea.

I did find an article on Google that says about leaving the smart bit of the key in the car and using the physical key blade in the driver’s door to disable keyless entry. Nothing about re-enabling it though unless it’s just a repeat of the same process. Might give it a try later on.