Could do with getting a spare

Hammie1982

Hi guys,

I wanna get another wheel the same the rest of my alloys, but they arent standard wheels and i dont know what they are to be honest!

Can anyone help identify these? 

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

Hello Neil,

Can we take it you want an extra one to use as a ‘spare wheel’ for use if you have a puncture? If so, you are likely to find that it won’t fit into the spare wheel well, and you will need to look for the correct ‘Spacesaver’ spare wheel. 
Doing regular searches on eBay is worthwhile if you want one the same as you have ( for some unknown-to-us reason) or indeed for a spacesaver one. 
You could also try registering your want with on-line breaker links such as Partsfinder - there are more. 
Let us know how you get on Neil. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Gareth,

Thanks for the reply,  I dont like space saver wheels so im looking to find out what the wheel i have is so i can get a wheel the same that will fit in the boot.

As far as i am aware the spare wheel on an A8 of this age was a full size alloy, (if i was closer to the car at the moment i would check this myself)

I think i found out what wheels these are last night, and ill have a look in the boot and see what size of wheel fits in the boot wheel well and get one to fit in there.

Think that might be the only way to get what im after....  i know theres a mathmatical equation that will give me the right size of wheel that will fit in there.

Out of interest, does it matter with the Quattro drive system is one wheel is not the same size as the others?  I know when i was driving a subaru previously i was told to always make sure the wheels where the same size due to causing issues with Axel and Centre diffs.......  altho i know the systems are completely different i dont know if it would cause an issue with a wheel of a different size for a day or two

• Like 1

‘Day or two’ suggests it won’t be used strictly for its ‘get you home/nearest tyre retailer’ use. Personally, I wouldn’t be tempted to use any dissimilar wheels on a 4 wheel drive system any longer than I could avoid. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Unfortunately because of the distances i travel and the times i travel on regular occasions i could have to do 2 or 3 hundred kilometers on a single trip 

and its normally outside of business hours so it might be impossible to get a tyre fixed until the next day or whatever.... 

thats the thinking behing my question more than anything 

• Like 1