Gear box malfunction light

DamoW

I own a 2017 S3 and recently had a warning light saying “gear box malfunction “ so took it in, the garage I used passed the car to Audi, they’ve fitted 2 parts both failed to solve the problem, I’m now been told they’ve contacted Audi tech support, what does this mean? How long will this take? Any ideas or help will be appreciated, I’m sort of lost now, it’s been a month now, thank god it’s under warranty. 

Hello Damo,

Welcome, many thanks for joining, and sorry to hear of your issue.

Trying to help, and be proactive, may I step back a bit, and suggest the issue has been complicated by the fact that your car went into ‘a garage’, who probably passed it on to an Audi main dealer because the garage wasn’t equipped to rectify the fault. I can now understand your frustration that one month on, the fault hasn’t been rectified.

I have to ask Damo - who is your primary contact here? The ‘garage’, or the Audi dealer? 
You mention ‘it’s under warranty’ - did you buy it from a main dealer?- if so, one who is now trying to repair it? - or from an independent seller? Is the warranty company giving you support, and progressing the issue. 
When did you buy it, and is there any finance involved? If there is, then they may be prepared to become involved. 
Obviously length of ownership, service history, mileage etc. may also influence your case. 
Perhaps you could come back to us with some more detail Damo. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.