A1 2020 Clock and Mileage counter resets to 0:00 and 0

SaverRate

I purchased an Audi A1 2020 plate back in November and over the last month the clock and the mileage counter has reset to 0:00 and 0 twice. This was mainly after not using the car for a few days although doesn't seem to always do it after its not been used for a few days. 

Ive googled online and some say there was a software update in 2021 (on a US site) and some say battery issue and to change the battery.

Anyone had this issue before and able to shed some light please?

If its a replacement battery thats needed I would rather not have to book into Audi and instead use somewhere like Halfords home fitting but if its software id rather not waste money on a new battery...

Hello Harry,

Well it’s always cheapest option first in my book. Although it would be expected that any 4 year old battery would be completely serviceable, but if our daughter’s just out of new warranty, non-Audi, is anything to go by, then you never know.

If it were mine Harry, I would be nipping along to a Halfords store and getting the battery’s efficiency tested. This test would give you a meaningful serviceable/ non serviceable point to progress from.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

12 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Harry,

Well it’s always cheapest option first in my book. Although it would be expected that any 4 year old battery would be completely serviceable, but if our daughter’s just out of new warranty, non-Audi, is anything to go by, then you never know.

If it were mine Harry, I would be nipping along to a Halfords store and getting the battery’s efficiency tested. This test would give you a meaningful serviceable/ non serviceable point to progress from.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks I think I will do this on Monday 👍

• 1 month later...

Did you ever find a fix for this as I have the same problem from new? (69 plate)
Audi say there is no update listed for my car, but if I did want to bring it in there would be a £195 diagnostic charge with no guarantee of a fix.

Welcome Richard, and many thanks for joining. 
Let’s hope we can tap into the progress Harry has made over the last month.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

11 minutes ago, Moonjive said:

Did you ever find a fix for this as I have the same problem from new? (69 plate)
Audi say there is no update listed for my car, but if I did want to bring it in there would be a £195 diagnostic charge with no guarantee of a fix.

The car is booked in with Audi end of March so will see what they say. Which Audi garage did you go to?

I had the battery tested by a national garage and was told there was nothing wrong with it so I am really hoping its software and its an easy fix. 

I did find a webpage where Skoda (same group) published a technical product information on 4th July 2019 for a fix to the issue (or atleast a similar issue). https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/454968-mileage-computer-resets/ Not sure if you can go to Audi with this?

Edit - £199 seems alot, I was quoted £99 diagnostic fee

Edited by SaverRate

1 hour ago, SaverRate said:

The car is booked in with Audi end of March so will see what they say. Which Audi garage did you go to?

I had the battery tested by a national garage and was told there was nothing wrong with it so I am really hoping its software and its an easy fix. 

I did find a webpage where Skoda (same group) published a technical product information on 4th July 2019 for a fix to the issue (or atleast a similar issue). https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/454968-mileage-computer-resets/ Not sure if you can go to Audi with this?

Edit - £199 seems alot, I was quoted £99 diagnostic fee

The £195 was just a diagnostic fee (Eastbourne Audi) if work was required it would incur further costs. As you say, normally happens after the car has been standing for a few days, but not always.

I can’t justify the cost without a definite fix. It’s just one of those annoying issues.

I should add that I had the issue looked at when in warranty and they couldn’t find a fix

Edited by Moonjive
Addition