Audi auto gearbox. Oil service/change for auto and manual

parxuk

Hi there,

Have a query with regards to the auto gear box please:

I have just purchased a B9 Avant 2.0 TFSI. 2018 with 175k on the clock. Incredibly it drives and feels like brand new and has full Audi service history up until the last service in March 2022 at 127k.

The local garage that I bought it from did an engine oil and filters service last week before I picked it up, but I think the gearbox is probably due a oil change also. It was last done at the last service (127k). I believe it should be done every 40k?

Audi have quoted £240 which seems rerasonable. I phoned a local indy up to get a comparission and they stated something that surprised me and I didnt really understand. They quoted £240 also to do the "auto" side, but asked if I also wanted the "manual" side done also (£100)? Not too sure what was meant by that and can only assume it isnt what Audi do when they do the service?

Could somebody please clarify if this is a genuine service requirement and if its worth doing?

Thanks in advance

Welcome Craig, and thanks for joining. 
I believe ( but hopefully others will be more specific) but every 75k is often taken as the ideal change point. 
If so, you could wait until 200k. 
‘Manual side’ and ‘auto side’ - ?? Never come across this but…

Cost? I would agree that £240 seems (very) reasonable, but if this were mine, I would be referring to a copy of the 2022, 127k invoice and see what that shows you. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Hi Gareth and many thanks for the reply.

As far as the 2022 service goes I havent got the invoice, only a print out of the Audi service record which simply states Gearbox oil and has a tick next to it to indicate it has been completed.

With regards to intervals I had a look at the 2018 maintenance schedule and it states that for the DSG/S tronic - "change ATF oil and replace transmission filter element at 40,000 miles and thereafter every 40,000 miles". Happy to wait longer if that is the recommendation, but with 175k on the clock, I am trying to be as kind as possible to the car.

Mostly I was interested to find out if the service for the "manual" side of the gearbox was recommended? It doesnt appear to be on the service schedule so maybe not?

Thanks again.

• Like 1