AI 2019 ONWARDS - Cambelt intervals?

MALC-AS24

What is the recommended mileage / time between cam belt replacements for a 2019 ( new style ) Audi A1 35TFSI SPORT BACK.

I have seen and read  various mileages and often no time scale mentioned at all. Years ago it was one or the other , which ever came first.

Hello Malcolm,

Have a look, at today’s latest posts against a thread by Deborah. 
‘…. Struggles on initial start up.. ‘ or similar wording. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

Having looked at the posts you suggest, relating to Deborah's Audi diesel, I'm afraid nothing relating to cam belt replacement on my petrol, Audi 35 TFSI could be found. Have I missed something ?

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm,

To summarise:-

For belted engines, the rule of thumb was to renew belt assemblies at c75K miles or 5 years - whichever comes first. (The last 3 words being of significance). 
It now seems that not only have VAG removed this time limit, but increased the mileage limit to c135K, so you can choose whichever camp suits your thinking. 
By the previous recommendation, you would be renewing the belt  assembly this year at its 5th anniversary. 
As mentioned to Deborah, it’s well worth renewing the auxiliary belt at the same time as the cambelt. 
Please come back to us if things aren’t clear enough to allow you to make a decision. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. It would be worthwhile checking actual ‘new’ mileage recommendation with a couple of main dealers, since I’m going from memory - which isn’t as reliable as it used to be!