Q5 2016 Magnetic Suspension rear unit lost fluid-how to fix?

Rich Sargent

I have a 2016 Q5 S-Line Plus Quattro 2.0 Diesel with Magnetic Suspension

The near side rear is leaking and has lost its fluid - New a unit is £580+ fitting! and would like to do both sides!

Any ideas how to sort at lower price please - Surrey based

Hello Richard,

Welcome, thanks for joining, and sorry to hear of your issue. 
I guess your quote is from an Audi dealer-? 
You may well find that this is a main dealer part only, but well worth a search to find what is what. 
I would start with eBay, if only to find the most used term for these, and potentially view used ones, or maybe even new ones - often from Continental suppliers. This is a good place to do your homework, and hopefully point you to aftermarket availability or not. 
If you are lucky, and they are available via. aftermarket suppliers  then you will obviously be on to a much better deal. 
You might then find U.K. supplier listings, and Incase it helps, I’ve used Parts in Motion to good effect. You will also find Autodoc so again worth a try there. 
If it turns out these are main dealer parts only, then you could try Audi Parts Direct at Cardiff ( part of Mon Motors - once Cardiff Audi) they have been known to give a bit of discount and do mail order. 
Please come back to us if you find an aftermarket source and we can advise further on reputable brands.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

16 hours ago, Rich Sargent said:

I have a 2016 Q5 S-Line Plus Quattro 2.0 Diesel with Magnetic Suspension

The near side rear is leaking and has lost its fluid - New a unit is £580+ fitting! and would like to do both sides!

Any ideas how to sort at lower price please - Surrey based

Hi I am pretty sure Monroe do these added bonus MONROE are o.e., just get the part number off the old unit and go hunting.