Question on EMS light following service

Hi,

Apologies that this will be vague..

A6 serviced approx 3500 miles / 4 months ago.  The garage forgot to reset the service light indicator & with this being a collection from home job it got forgotten about.  I noticed that I now have an Amber EMS light, checked the car status and coincides with the car thinking its exactly 3500 / 150 days overdue for the last service.  Anyone know if this could be as simple as Audi's way of ensuring you don't just ignore recommended service schedule?

If it's still on after this service I'll get it read, didn't want the servicing garage to do this as they want £150 ex VAT for a deep scan.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome Steve and thanks for joining.

Your EML light wouldn’t have anything to do with Audi’s attempts to slap your wrists because it believes you haven’t serviced the car. 
Sorry, but I don’t understand the ‘….if it’s still on after this service….’ So do you intend to get it serviced again, 3.5K miles and 4 months on from when you had it serviced last? 
Kind regards,

Gareth.