2006 audi a3 sline special edition 2.0 fsi (FC/p2261&p0087)

Highforce

Hello Jay, 

As I said before , I really do feel for you, but please don’t lose sight of the fact that:-

The seller did not make any claim to this vehicle being free from any mechanical issues. 
You were given an opportunity to assess that aspect for yourself, and you did, and you bought it.

You have since had work done on the car which now renders it different from what the seller sold you. 
If it were mine, I would not be spending any more money on it, if your hope is to reclaim that expenditure back from the seller. The reality is that you really don’t have much of a chance of that being successful, but I could be wrong, and this is why I suggest you should seek advice from CAB, before proceeding further. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

I would not be spending any more money on it, if your hope is to reclaim that expenditure back from the seller. The reality is that you really don’t have much of a chance of that being successful,

I could not agree more. Why throw more good money after bad?

It's unfortunate that if one wants to buy a cheap secondhand car one needs to have enough knowledge to know what you are letting yourself in for in terms of fault rectification. This applies much more to any vehicle that has been mapped or modified in regard to DPF or EGR removal because it is so much harder to obtain good free advice.

• Like 2

So after getting mugged of by the tuners and a friends mechanic. I finally got hold of my old mechanic. £50 later and 35mins of time he has confirmed its the turbo waste gate... all done from a obd reader... he has suggested to changes wastegate and invertor so just waitting for cost. As soon as this comes back I am emailling the seller saying he pays for the repairs or I will see him in court. I'm thinking it will cost me around £400. as this mechanic is genuine. but the seller should pay for it. If not Karma comes around 

now I know the issues, I have found this following forum post. Low and behold the same issue I am having is own to the fault code.

https://www.ttforum.co.uk/threads/2007-turbo-fault-possible-replacement.2012215/

Wish I never bought it now as i have a feeling its gonna be a money pit like my old car. Best add break down cover 😄

Please sit down and give this a good coat of thinking about Jay.  To put it bluntly - the seller has no responsibility to pay for the repairs you are going to spend to get done, the car’s mechanical condition was not mentioned in his advert. 
‘….see him court….’ I think I’ve made it clear that raising a court case against him will cost you (in caps) money, and you have to work out in your mind whether you are completely confident that the court will find in your favour, but please bear in mind that this is a personal opinion, and obviously differs from yours. 
For what it’s worth, my advice would be to seek advice - CAB should be able to offer you impartial advice. 
If it were mine, I would be seriously diluting my ‘claim’ on the seller, and politely asking for some further goodwill contribution to your outgoings. 
That would be my approach, but I’m not you, and you might like to be determined enough to spend on reports and for an engineer to attend court, based on your belief that you will win. 
That’s a gamble Jay, but good luck if you decide to go ahead after talking with the CAB.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

8 hours ago, Highforce said:

i have a feeling its gonna be a money pit like my old car. 

I guarantee it will, and empty threats of court action will not change that. Please consult a solicitor before you throw any more money down the drain.

Sorry if my 2+2 is adding up to more than 4, and it could just be me, but that could be interpreted as being rather sinister. 
As a Moderator, I wish to formally divorce the forum from further comment on this open-to-all-to-see thread. 

• Like 1

@Magnet but also miss read. As not meant in sinister way. Think i would of included devil emoji if so. But more so in a sense of karma, 

but been quoted £220 for upgraded diverter valve solenoid. As he can not find a wastegate. Im questioning if this means new turbo? Would it be worth getting a k04 if so?