Range warning

Ciaranmcm

Just had my Q8 two months ago after having a Jaguar IPace. I was getting between 210-235 average miles with the IPace so when I ordered my Q8 etron 55 with the battery that was 20% bigger than the IPace I was expecting range of 250 miles +. So I’m now 2.5k miles in with an average 1.8m per kWh which is a range of sub 190miles to say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I contacted the garage and they advised that they have tested equivalent concerns to no avail 🤦‍♂️

if you want even average range EV avoid the Q8 it’s absolutely rubbish.

Good Morning.

Your range does seem rather low. The car weighs in at 2500kgs and with a 95kw battery I would expect more. My Etron GT has a 93kw battery and weighing 2300kgs I get a range of about 240-250. Not the 305 they advertise.

• Like 1

Hi Ciaran,

Unfortunately it is not just about battery capacity.  As mentioned by Tony, you also need to account for weight and aerodynamics, etc.  With a slight added weight, and less aerodynamics, maybe bigger tyres so higher rolling resistance, etc, could all contribute to lower MPKWH.  Any added electrics as well like a cool box, heated seated, etc?

Also, the weather has been a little colder recently, so have you had the heating on more?

I just don't want you to think about comparing apples with apples.

Finally, i do have to say 1.8 MPKWH is quite low.

Thanks, Joe

Hi Ciaran

I have never really checked the MPKWH on my GT by you have got me interested now. I have had the car since June 2023 and have covered 2292 miles. The long term memory tells me that the that the MPKWH is 2.2 miles. I mostly only make short journeys. Joe is quite correct in saying temperature, aerodynamics come into play. The GT is quite a slippery shape which all helps. 

Tony