Audi A4 2.0t fsi p0299 p2181 p2309 p0300 po304 fault codes

Andy A

Go to solution Solved by Andy A,

Audi A4 2.0T FSI B7 Manual.

Before this happened I had no codes and the car ran perfect. I drove the car yesterday and about 1 mile into my journey I lost most power and the engine is running very very rough. I only drove it at 30MPH before this happened. I have the engine check light flashing.

I scanned for fault codes and got all of these together. P0299, P2181, P2309, P0300, P0304 fault codes

What can cause all these codes together? What should I check for first?

Thanks

Edited by Andy A
  • Like 1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Thanks Jasonj for your time and help.

It was number 4 on your list. a bad coil.

I got a new diagnostic tool and it showed number 4 cyl and the counts of misfiring on that cyl. The misfiring count just kept going up. I swapped the ignition coil from cyl 4 to cyl 1  and the misfire count shifted to cyl 1.

Fitted 4 new Bosch ignition coils and rechecked on the scan tool, no more misfires detected and all fault codes have disappeared/gone.

I put the 3 old working ones in the boot with a small tool kit for next time.

For any one reading this that are short for cash you can just change the bad one for a new one although the others are just as old so it's good practice to change them all once confirmed the coil pack is faulty.

Thanks again

Edited by Andy A
  • Thanks 1