EGR cooler replacement

SJOKZ

Hi guys,

I recently had my engine management light come on (the day before my audi extended warranty expired).

It was out of hours, so had an Audi Tech come out via AA and audi roadside assist who diagnosed a nox sensor fault and error P200200.

I have now had diagnostics done at an Audi dealership who said that it needs a new low-pressure exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) cooler, as it is blocked and a new NOX sensor.

I'm waiting to hear if these repairs will be covered under warranty as I was covered when the light came on.

Does anyone know if it is covered or have had this repaired under Audi Extended Warranty?

The cost of the repairs are:

NOX sensor - £1093

EGR cooler - £2456

The dealership don't seem to very helpful so not hopeful they will come back with positive result.

If this is the case do I stand a chance of fighting the decision?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

9 hours ago, SJOKZ said:

Hi guys,

I recently had my engine management light come on (the day before my audi extended warranty expired).

It was out of hours, so had an Audi Tech come out via AA and audi roadside assist who diagnosed a nox sensor fault and error P200200.

I have now had diagnostics done at an Audi dealership who said that it needs a new low-pressure exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) cooler, as it is blocked and a new NOX sensor.

I'm waiting to hear if these repairs will be covered under warranty as I was covered when the light came on.

Does anyone know if it is covered or have had this repaired under Audi Extended Warranty?

The cost of the repairs are:

NOX sensor - £1093

EGR cooler - £2456

The dealership don't seem to very helpful so not hopeful they will come back with positive result.

If this is the case do I stand a chance of fighting the decision?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi go find a decent independent if not covered by warranty usually around a grand.

Steve.