New to the forum

Hi all

I'm new here, and fairly new to Audi's. I've owned my 1999 A6 4.2 avant for a year now and doing what I can to keep her up together. Luckily she's had a great history and been very well maintained by most owners, just not the one who butchered the exhaust! 

I never thought that I would fall in love with a car like I have this one. The only thing I am really struggling with, is getting parts. The audi/vw group has stopped stocking parts for most cars. I would like to keep this car as original as possible.

Does anyone know of any good suppliers of parts? I'm struggling with most things like an alternator and front grills etc. Or if you can point me in the right direction of a similar post etc.

Thank you 

Will

• Like 1

Thanks for joining Will, and welcome. 
Is it generally service and replacement mechanical parts you are struggling with? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

At the moment, the garage and I are struggling with an alternator and the anti-roll bars. I have also been struggling with the front grills - now this was a little more difficult to find the right part numbers as this car has the wide body kit similar to the RS. I don't know if this was factory fitted as an extra option or not. It does have many extra options which are very rare, so if Audi had the different body kit as an option, then it would probably have been chosen by the original purchaser

mine was  ok to get parts for  my mate works  fleet factors  helps me out big time  all so had loads parts of ebay  to   kev

I struggled on eBay to ensure I get the correct parts, I went through 4 flasher units before I got the correct one and one that wasn't such chinesium that it worked worse than the original.  So worried about getting other stuff that costs a lot more on that site

go to garage on you eBay username   ad  car put your  reg in it finds it  then can get loads parts 

theres also a company called audi tradition in germany,theyre not cheap but supposedly they buy all parts from audi when they are for 15 yr old cars and older,Greg

i would never use  audi tradition  there compleet waste time and then you get  shafffted with inport duty i rang them last year not helpfull one little bit  if it cost  me a tenna for part off them  i would rather pay 50 quid on ebay  no kidding they are    sh   ite

i agree kev,theyre very overpriced,the only consolation here in eire is theres no import duty.Greg

Hello Will,

For mechanical parts, you can always send your registration number to Car Parts in Motion - down your neck of the woods. Always worth a try. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1