Collected my Q5 this week. Early impressions.

audi999

After a lot of research (too much probably) I traded in my Audi A4 2.0 tfsi Avant of four years for a 23 model Q5 Tfsi. You never know whether a car is right for you until you've had it a while but early impressions are positive. I knew the Q5 had over 65 ps more than the A4 but thought the extra weight would blunt most of that power. I was wrong, this thing really flies with little throttle input and I have to constantly watch my speed. The refinement is at least as good as the A4 if not better, very impressive. The surprising thing is that I actually find the Q5 easier to drive than the A4, partly because the searing position in the A4 seemed low, even by estate car standards. I decided on the tfsi because I like the way that diesel cars drive, but I do low mileage, so can take the hit on fuel consumption. Also, when I read about Q5 problems o forums, they are invariably related to diesel engines, albeit not necessarily newer cars. I need to work out how to fit a space saver spare in the boot, it'll probably have to be a collapsible type and I'm hoping to pick up a second hand one if I can ensure the specs are correct, the one from Audi being a complete and utter rip off. The colour I went for is Glacier White metallic and having seen photos, I was very pleased when I saw it in person. It really shines after the Ibis White on the A4. The design of the Q5 is not a new one but I like it, and see it as purposeful rather being over styled like some of its rivals.