Considering An Audi Japanese Import

nmpuk

Hi all,

I’m new here so please go easy. The other half wants an Audi A1 and just browsing the classifieds I see a lot of Japanese imports. 

Has anyone on here had any experience with owning a Japanese import? Any feedback and advice gratefully received. 

On the surface it look whilst the Japanese cars  appear very similar to the UK models the engines are slightly different. The UK petrol 1.4 models are 1390/5 whilst the Japanese 1.4 models are 1380. It also seems that the import models are all a flat 200/year road tax. Are there any other issues I should be aware of if we were to go down route?

Many Thanks

Nathan

Japanese cars are usually better condition in comparison, their roads are amazing and clean, they don't salt their roads so usually underneath is spot on. 

You just need to make sure the agent in japan knows his beans when it comes to an auction purchase.

I have had many a jap import of Japanese cars but cannot see it being much different for other brands too.

Best bet is to get the VIN number and do a carVX report, this will show you the auction hisotry and their inspections, bit like MOT history. Cheap and well worth doing.

https://carvx.jp/?referrer=VPjcntpvyYfg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve, that's reassuring for sure. I'll take a look at carvx, seems to be useful! 

Many Thanks!