Which heater matrix?

msmith93

Hi, new to the forum.

I have purchased my wife a 2013 2.0tdi with the heater playing up. Only blows luke warm air from the passenger side.

Believe that this is the heater matrix, which I plan to replace.. I just wondered whether people are using the cheaper brands or something like Valeo/Febi Bilstein?

Also both pipes for the heater matrix are warm at the bulkhead.

Any advice appreciated.... Sorry if this has all been answered before!!

3 hours ago, msmith93 said:

Hi, new to the forum.

I have purchased my wife a 2013 2.0tdi with the heater playing up. Only blows luke warm air from the passenger side.

Believe that this is the heater matrix, which I plan to replace.. I just wondered whether people are using the cheaper brands or something like Valeo/Febi Bilstein?

Also both pipes for the heater matrix are warm at the bulkhead.

Any advice appreciated.... Sorry if this has all been answered before!!

Hi its most likely the thermostat sticking open so I would change that first if that wont work change the matrix its only worth using Valeo/Febi as a lot of the cheaper ones fail, might be worth flushing the system as the silica bags in the coolant tank rupture and block the matrix, so try the thermostat and flush first you may well save some money and a lot of grief.

Steve.

38 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi its most likely the thermostat sticking open so I would change that first if that wont work change the matrix its only worth using Valeo/Febi as a lot of the cheaper ones fail, might be worth flushing the system as the silica bags in the coolant tank rupture and block the matrix, so try the thermostat and flush first you may well save some money and a lot of grief.

Steve.

The car gets up to temperature in good time and sits at the correct level. If the stat was needing changing surely this wouldnt be the case? Thanks

21 hours ago, msmith93 said:

The car gets up to temperature in good time and sits at the correct level. If the stat was needing changing surely this wouldnt be the case? Thanks

Hi its the thermostat on the water pump that controls the engine temp the other one before the the heater is the one that controls the cabin temp, if that one is playing about all your hot water flies through the bypass system.

Steve.

• Like 1