Exhaust Gas Temperature sensor 1, bank 1 location A6, 2014

Rollie

2 hours ago, Rollie said:

Hi, does anyone know where I can locate EGT sensor 1? I know where 2, 3 and 4 are. Thank you

Andy

IMG_3515.jpeg

IMG_3509.jpeg

Hi I think you will find the sensor you have marked three is actually number one as its at the beginning of the exhaust stream next to the adblue the others run downstream.

Steve.

Thanks Stevey 

I’ll double check but I’m sure when I disconnected it then ran the diagnostic number 3 sensor came up. I do hope your right as that will be easy to do. Thanks again

Unfortunately it’s defo sensor 3 by the looks of it when I’ve doubled checked. 
any other help would be appreciated 

cheers

Andy

IMG_3529.png

6 hours ago, Rollie said:

Unfortunately it’s defo sensor 3 by the looks of it when I’ve doubled checked. 
any other help would be appreciated 

cheers

Andy

IMG_3529.png

Hi in that case it could be the one underneath as the exhaust goes under the bulkhead, weird thing is on my VCDS when mine started acting up it was the top first sensor that I changed, the one further down the pipe is a sod to get to.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

The one further down the exhaust is sensor 4, for the life of me I can't see where sensor 1 is. Don't suppose you have any plans lol where it's located. I've booked it into the garage but have to wait until 17th April 🤦🏻‍♂️😫. Typical it can't be the simplest one, that's cars for you. 

Thanks for your help
Andy

IMG_3543.jpeg

8 hours ago, Rollie said:

Hi Steve,

The one further down the exhaust is sensor 4, for the life of me I can't see where sensor 1 is. Don't suppose you have any plans lol where it's located. I've booked it into the garage but have to wait until 17th April 🤦🏻‍♂️😫. Typical it can't be the simplest one, that's cars for you. 

Thanks for your help
Andy

IMG_3543.jpeg

Hi got a new microcat coming Tuesday I will have a look on that and see if I can get a schematic diagram.

Steve.

On 4/1/2024 at 5:37 PM, Rollie said:

Thanks Steve, appreciated 

Hi Andrew please find what I have discovered, there are only three sensors not four and I pretty certain that the diagnostics you are using is what's at fault, each platform relies heavily on the software writers interpretation of a fault and through experience with different platforms I have come to the con elusion they must have had a few beers whilst writing the software. 

Steve.

20240403_175426.jpg

20240403_180314.jpg

Steve,

I didn't know that about the software. I've just bought one which is cheap to be honest called Carista. Thanks for the info I'll buy the sensor you suggested as per diagram and see what happens. Will keep you informed 

Thanks

Andy

23 hours ago, Rollie said:

Steve,

I didn't know that about the software. I've just bought one which is cheap to be honest called Carista. Thanks for the info I'll buy the sensor you suggested as per diagram and see what happens. Will keep you informed 

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy, used loads of peoples differing software and found shall we say quite a few variations on codes the cheaper they get the more lethal they become bit of a minefield really that was why a few years ago I bought VCDS, that definitely nailed it every time, in saying that the new cab I have is a VW Passat and my VCDS wont go near it as everything is protected by the new SFD system, I wont go in to any detail because its long and boring but suffice to say that post 2020 you can't do a blasted thing on the car without having the right system, thats when I bit the bullit and bought OBD Eleven pro, yes you have to buy tokens to perform some functions but its about as as good as VCDS but without the hefty price tag, VCDS latest multi vin software is nearly £700 but OBD came in at £104 with a token bundle its a lot slower scanning as its bluetooth but it gets there and gets you what you need, the diagrams are from my new system, the good news is the part number for all three is the same.

Steve.