Clutch and flywheel replacement labour time

Beany1

Hello Beany,

How many hours have you been quoted, is the quote from a main dealer, independent, or local garage, and what is the hourly rate from the quote? 
Sounds like you have a ‘labour only’ quote and want to do some arithmetic to calculate the number of hours they are charging you for. 
Couple of points to bear in mind:- Do we recall you are supplying the parts? If so, your guarantee from the fitters will be limited. Also the garage may want to ‘add a little bit’ to make up for their loss of profit on the parts.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi gareth i got my car booked in april 29th local garage clutch and dual mass flywheel im supplying parts they doing just labour car is audi a4 b7 2.0 tdi bre 140 manual i was thinking how much should i be looking at for labour and roughly how many hours is a job like this and i think they charge around 50 pound an hour thanks 

Who are ‘they’ Beany? VAT on top? 

Possibly 6+ hours? But that’s a guess. 
Whatever, they will no doubt have Autodata or similar to refer to to get a book time. 

No vat they are a very good garage use them alot " viking motors " in rotherham they have 5 star on google thanks gareth

• Like 1