One Key Not Working???

Hi all,

I have 2 keys with the car one works perfectly but the other will not work and I can find a ton of old A3 key programming but nothing on the 8Y. I am also now the registered user in myaudi.

Does it need Audi to program it or is there a way to do it with the key that works and the car?

Help greatly appreciated 

Dan

1 hour ago, orchmiester said:

Hi all,

I have 2 keys with the car one works perfectly but the other will not work and I can find a ton of old A3 key programming but nothing on the 8Y. I am also now the registered user in myaudi.

Does it need Audi to program it or is there a way to do it with the key that works and the car?

Help greatly appreciated 

Dan

Tried changing the key fob battery?

5 minutes ago, orchmiester said:

Yes twice and the red light glows when pressed so I know its working to agree

Hi have you tried putting the key against the recognition sign on the dash it looks like a radio signal embossed on the dash plastic normally around the climate control, if that wont work you have a problem with the key PCB which will require a trip to the stealers as they are the only people with the coding facilities and coding records, the keys can't forget the codes as they are embedded in the chip on the PCB so it could just be a case of recognition, have a look in the handbook for the recognition station.

I saw in the manual you need to hold it next to cup holder closest to the dash but it complains that the keys not recognised so I guess its a stealer job 😞

Thanks Steve

Would sound like it Daniel. Appreciating yours is more sophisticated than my ‘ancient’ A3, but all my DIY attempts proved fruitless. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

9 hours ago, Magnet said:

Would sound like it Daniel. Appreciating yours is more sophisticated than my ‘ancient’ A3, but all my DIY attempts proved fruitless. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth nothing wrong with ancient , look at us we are still functioning, don't knock it.

Steve.

• Like 1

Well Steve, someone said I could be like a good wine, and will improve with age - I don’t believe it - but I am still blessing every day where I’m still able to do what I want to do. Some things are impossible, despite what my mind tells me! 
Take care and kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1