ACE engine will not fire

Francis_G

I have an ACE engine that will not fire.

I get error code 00514, crankshaft position sensor.

The problem is that I cannot find it on the engine, has anyone got any data and photos of where Audi has put it.

Another issue is an intermittant oil light that flashes on and off at will, It has plenty of oil pressure and both sensors have been replaced.

Give me back my VW, with Carb and manual choke, this ACE engine is too complicated without proper documentation, I need some help.

1 hour ago, Francis_G said:

I have an ACE engine that will not fire.

I get error code 00514, crankshaft position sensor.

The problem is that I cannot find it on the engine, has anyone got any data and photos of where Audi has put it.

Another issue is an intermittant oil light that flashes on and off at will, It has plenty of oil pressure and both sensors have been replaced.

Give me back my VW, with Carb and manual choke, this ACE engine is too complicated without proper documentation, I need some help.

Hi it will be near the crank pulley or in its own little haven where the gearbox bell housing joins the engine.

Steve.

I have looked at the back of the engine where there are some holes in the casing to show the fly wheel, I think it should be there. I have checked the exhaust manifold side also. I am wondering if I need to get the car on ramps and take off the under cover.

9 hours ago, Francis_G said:

I have looked at the back of the engine where there are some holes in the casing to show the fly wheel, I think it should be there. I have checked the exhaust manifold side also. I am wondering if I need to get the car on ramps and take off the under cover.

Hi yep the cover will have to come off, if its not removed you have no chance of seeing it big clue is the wires running to it.

Steve.

Posted (edited)

Have taken off the cover and been under the car and still cannot see where it is, I am thinking that it is a red herring and there is not one. I have even studied some photos of the engine, sitting on a forklift, can you red pen where the crankshaft position sensor is?

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 21-49-35 SILNIK KOMPLETNY ACE AUDI 80 B3 B4 100 C4 2.0 16V.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 21-49-16 SILNIK KOMPLETNY ACE AUDI 80 B3 B4 100 C4 2.0 16V.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 21-48-41 SILNIK KOMPLETNY ACE AUDI 80 B3 B4 100 C4 2.0 16V.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 21-48-14 SILNIK KOMPLETNY ACE AUDI 80 B3 B4 100 C4 2.0 16V.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 21-47-36 SILNIK KOMPLETNY ACE AUDI 80 B3 B4 100 C4 2.0 16V.png

Edited by Francis_G
upload of photos + question