DPF and power steering issues

Dave walker79

Evening all, my A1 has gone into limp mode due to the DPF issue (clogged) I noticed the air-temp sensor wire was broken which after driving for several hours long distance and some city driving may have caused the DPF to not self clean and has built up so much it’s in limp mode. I believe what I need now is to get a DPF cleaned out by a DPF trained mechanic (forced clean) I assume that once it is cleaned out the car will auto correct itself and come out of limp mode ? My second question is could the power steering issue be related to being in limp mode ? The fault code for this issue is 01309 power steering module (no signal/communication) if it’s not related does anyone have any idea what it could be ? Thank you 

Dpf might need replacing if the cleaning doesn't work. 

Regarding the power steering, how old is the car battery? I ask because if it's over 5-7 years old then it could be failing. This can cause the car to throw up all sorts of electrical issues. 

DPF I’ll need to bite the bullet and pay £250-300 to get that flushed out which should clear that problem. The car is 2012 but battery is fairly new and has been checked and all is well, the fault code is 01309 PS control module no signal/communication.