Audi A3 TFSI 2017 Roof Malfunction.

Leezo

I have a 2017 Audi A3 TFSI Cabriolet, The roof has opened and stowed as it should but failed to come back up when required. Can hear mechanism unlock but no hydraulic pump sound as usual. Had to manually close roof (as in instruction manual) To be able to drive, but also have no electronic locking on boot and no indicator lights when locking now. Does anybody have advice on how to resolve this issue to avoid taking to main dealer.? thank you!

Edited by Leezo
incorrect spelling

Welcome Lee, 

Not sure on the convertible, but such rear end electrical issues can be associated with fractured wires in flexible harness section twixt body and boot/tailgate. Not sure if the convertible has a similar set up, so might be worth a look, but I would have thought the car may not be old enough to suffer from this yet. 
Other possibility:- water ingress somewhere-?

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth,

Have obtained a complete breakdown and drawing in Pdf format of the roof system for this car, What it possibly looks like is a malfunctioning switch in the locking mechanism in the front of the roof which locks into the windshield. This would give issues the same as what im having so will check these switches out later today.

Many thanks for your advice tho!

lee

Update on my roof issues. I want to share a document with you all in tue hope it will help you as it helped me resolve my roof not closing yesterday. I have uploaded a PDF that gives you a full working knowledge of the roof, its operation and positioning of switches and what the stages of roof it goes through whilst operating.

My issue was the front passenger lock mechanism at the front of the roof sticking and not aligning so that it was recognised as unlocked! lubricated and cleaned and straight away back working properly. Hope the uploaded document helps others, and thanks to thise who took the time to give advice and help. very much appreciated.

Lee

MC-10122448-9999.pdf