Audi a3 1.6tdi 2011. Randomly cuts out.

Amar

Hello all I have very strange problem with my Audi a3 1.6tdi it starts up fine in the morning but randomly cuts out this could be after 5 mins or sometimes even up to an hour later weather it’s sat idle or driving so when the cuts out it’s like all the dashboard goes blank no lights I have power to windows still and when you turn the key fully back to position 1 and to ignition again the dashboard still has no lights until you do this couple times when dash lights do come back on and try starting it won’t turn over you have to wait for 5-10 mins then eventually it will turn over and start again.

so please anyone else that has encountered similar issue and found out what is I would like to hear from you thanks all

2 hours ago, Amar said:

Hello all I have very strange problem with my Audi a3 1.6tdi it starts up fine in the morning but randomly cuts out this could be after 5 mins or sometimes even up to an hour later weather it’s sat idle or driving so when the cuts out it’s like all the dashboard goes blank no lights I have power to windows still and when you turn the key fully back to position 1 and to ignition again the dashboard still has no lights until you do this couple times when dash lights do come back on and try starting it won’t turn over you have to wait for 5-10 mins then eventually it will turn over and start again.

so please anyone else that has encountered similar issue and found out what is I would like to hear from you thanks all

Hi I would get it scanned for fault codes, it may be an immobiliser problem.

Steve.