Audi A3 1.6tdi convertible 2009

Any ideas, so far battery has been suggested just wondering if any one has any other thoughts 

20240501_153011.jpg

Hello Wendy,

Whoever suggested ‘battery’ ( who was it?) has come up with a good call. 
One of the first systems to shut down as the battery’s efficiency declines, is the stop/start function - good news to me, since this is one of the most engineeringly averse systems to be designed! 
Take the car on a 20 mile run to ensure it has a reasonable amount of charge, and drive it along to one of Halford’s stores, and ask them to check the battery’s efficiency for you -and the alternator while you are there. 
If it tests as substandard, then please come back to us before agreeing to buy a battery from them.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. what is your average journey - distance and frequency wise? 

My computer to work is about 10 miles each way, however I have just come back from a weekend away where I drove approx 400 miles,however journey home was in heavy rain and congestion with heating and lights on as well.

Thanks Wendy,

Commute should be adequate to maintain the battery. Cheap option first - as said, get the battery efficiency checked. 

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Wendy,

Commute should be adequate to maintain the battery. Cheap option first - as said, get the battery efficiency checked. 

Battery suggestion was me 😉 you've taught me well Gareth🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying Steve, I thought I’d seen reference to this (duplicated?) thread before. 
Bless you if you are learning from me! The pupil will only be as good as the tutor - so that’s not saying much! 
Take care, and good luck to Wendy with her battery check. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.