Electrical?

Hi everyone im new to this forum hope you can help. MY grandson has an audi a3 2010 1.9 diesel convertible.  The electric roof, the passanger front window and the passanger central locking does not work. The only way that I can get it all working OK is to disconnect  and reconnect the conector on the passanger  A pillar.  It all work fine but after several times of operating it all drops again. I then have to do the same thing all over again. Not sure what the problem may be a bad earth. I would be very grateful if someone out there has a solution. Thanks in advance.

I'd recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. 

The carpets haven't got wet at all have they? 

I ask as the comfort control module sits under the passenger footwells and controls windows etc. When it gets wet it can become damaged.

Thanks for getting back. My grandson bought the car from the auction with the rear window missing from the convertible top but everything was working OK for a while then it stopped.  The only way I can get everything working is if I disconnect and then reconnect the searside door modual or the nearside a pillar. Not sure if it's an earth problem or not. Ther is a modual on the o/s inner wing. Not sure if there is one under passenger carpet. Would you know? It's an a3 2010 diesel. 

The comfort control module should be under the carpet. I'd recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. Alternatively get an auto electrican to take a look 

• Thanks 1