Audi A3 Engine

Matthewb

Just bought myself a 56 plate Audi A3 1.9 TDi as a project car.  No engine, was wondering if anyone know's where I can get hold of a cheap one?  Engine code: BXE

I would also like to know how I can get the code from the Diesel pump so I can program it into the ECU.

Any replies are welcomed guys.

Cheers Matt.

Not sure how you would get the code but I reckon you could find something on here about the engine. Maybe a breakers yard. Online parts store. eBay. There are a number of places you can go but you just got to be prepared to search.

Glen!

There is no diesel pump as in the sense of the old 'distributor' pump like the original 1.9 TDI or 2.5 TDI has with the immobilisation ECU built in.

In a PD (unit injector) engine you have:

A simple electric lift pump in the fuel tank that supplies 3-6 bar up to the engine.  

A 'tandem' pump on the gearbox end of the cylinder head, driven by the camshaft and supplying the injectors with 10-11 bar of pressure

The unit injectors themselves, driven by their own cam lobes and delivering up to 2000+ bar final injection pressure.  

So effectively six pumps altogether with three pressure stages.  None of these need coding.

Tech