front wiper outside the screen

rosie08

Hi there,

i'm new to the site, so wondered if anyone could help me with my front wipers?

For an unknown reason the front screen wipers are stopping/parking higher up the screen than they should.  They're not in the 'service position' which I've tried.  Also, when they are turned on the drivers side wiper goes off the screen past the windscreen rubber?

Just wondering if I may have accidentally pressed something in a sequence I shouldn't have to make this happen?

The only other thing I can think of that may have triggered this is the snow & ice on the bottom of the screen yesterday morning (which is when this problem began)...I cleaned the screen but didn't see snow below the wipers at the bottom of the screen on the plastic scuttle panel.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yes Steve it right, obstructions to the wipers can easily cause them to slip out of alignment slightly, as the wiper arms are simply held on to tapered splines on the wiper linkage.

1. Open the bonnet and use a small flat screwdriver to remove the black caps from the nuts on the wiper arms.

2. Remove the 13mm nuts

3. Wiggle the arm a little to free it from the spline and remove both arms.  

4. Close the bonnet and use the 'one touch wipe' to cycle the wiper motor and allow it to come to its park position.  

5. Open the bonnet and fit the wiper arms back in place where they should normally rest (about 1/2 inch from the to of the plastic trim at the bottom of the windscreen)

6. Re-fit the nuts and caps, close the bonnet and test them

Should take no longer than 5 minuets and 2 pretty basic tools

Tech