Im new

Hotspur

Hi,

Apparently its good to introduce yourself when you join forums so that's what Im doing.

Ive just bought myself a 2007 A3 Sportback, pick it up on Saturday and cant wait.

This is my first Audi, my first German car and Im excited. I think I got something practical but fun.

Think Im going to keep it pretty standard, although could well get it chipped. Any ideas/suggestions/advice?

Its also currently got a lead from either the head unit or the 6 disc changer in the glove box to connect an iPod/iPhone. Does anyone know if its easy to change this lead so I can just have a standard jack lead to connect my Samsung phone?

Anyway it would be good to hear from you all on the above and have some interesting conversations on all things cars/and other stuff...

Hello and welcome to the site!

My advice is to keep it standard.  The insurance on a modified car can be more than on a car that, as standard, does what the modded car aims to do.  And there are so many horror stories.

My last car was a 55-plate Mondeo Mk3 Titanium X 2.2 TDCi with 155 bhp and 295 lb ft as standard.  I fitted a decat, larger intercooler and a Bluefin remap.  It generated 186 bhp and 327 lb ft after the mods.  The brakes could handle it because the ST220 with 220 bhp had the same brakes.  It was a lovely, lovely car, comfortable, spacious, all the toys and quick too.  People would walk over to tell me how good it looked.

The trouble was the dual-mass flywheel.  It was not really up to the job with the engine as standard, but with the extra oomph it wasn't going to last.

What I've learned is this: if I want my car to go faster, sell it and buy one that does.  So I'm not going to mod my Audi - I'm happy with the standard 197 BHP and 7.1 sec 0-60 time.

Hi,

Apparently its good to introduce yourself when you join forums so that's what Im doing.

Ive just bought myself a 2007 A3 Sportback, pick it up on Saturday and cant wait.

This is my first Audi, my first German car and Im excited. I think I got something practical but fun.

Think Im going to keep it pretty standard, although could well get it chipped. Any ideas/suggestions/advice?

Its also currently got a lead from either the head unit or the 6 disc changer in the glove box to connect an iPod/iPhone. Does anyone know if its easy to change this lead so I can just have a standard jack lead to connect my Samsung phone?

Anyway it would be good to hear from you all on the above and have some interesting conversations on all things cars/and other stuff...

Hi and welcome.

If you are thinking of having it chipped and you need any help at all with insurance then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.