Dpf filter removal n mapping info..

Damo1

Hi just wanting alittle info please if anyone can help I've got my first diesel car and at the moment I'm loving driving the a4 but I've being told that if the dpf filter starts to do a dickie fit then it's expensive to replace and it's better to remove it altogether will be a lot better for the car n engine itself plus a mapp on the car with make it a lot smoother n responsive etc so if anyone has done this to there car can you give me some info please

My spec is: 2007 2.0tdi sline 140bhp 113 full service history car

Many thanks Damian

Hi Damien,

With regards to DPF removal, yes it can be done but it is being made illegal and will result in MOT failure from next year due to emissions etc see here:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/84818/mot-test-fail-dpf-removal

For a remap try someone like superchips, they've been doing it for years and are fairly well respected.

Cheers exactly 10 mins after I posted the thread, I was the dpf mot rules it's a joke now fricking government don't half know how to rip us motorists off, oh well I will go with a map then thanks for info

• 6 months later...

Mine is in tomorrow dpf delete and remap the MOT only look to see if the DPF IN  place thats all  i had a word with my MOT mate long as its there and not missing its fine.