A4 3.0i Multronic (2005) "Stiff" Gearlever??

mark_le_b

Hi all

Newbie with a question on the potential purchase of a 2005 A4 3.0i Multronic (6 speed)

It is the the movement of the gearshift lever that I need advice on............

It's 2005, 40k miles. My wife noticed on our test drive that the lever was a little stiff when moving from P to D etc. When flipped into manual mode, it lever seemed to move up and down ok when flicking through the gears.

I'm not sure if this is normal, although I agree it is stiffer to move than BM's I have driven.

Is this just it's solid build quality,or, the sign of trouble??

I am aware of numerous multronic issues, so as the car is at 40k, I am having the transmission fluid changed if I buy it. Would this be part of the issue and would the fluid change help this stiffness?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Mark.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the club!  :)

It's difficult to say without having a feel for myself as to exactly how stiff it is but at a guess I would say it sounds fine if it's ok in manual mode. Probably just solid build quality as you say! Worth getting them to change the fluid if you buy it though!

Hi

Thanks for the welcome.

I am pretty sure it is just down to build quality!

The garage I'm buying it from is having it checked at the local Audi dealer though. The dealer is also changing the transmission fluid (and I'm also having 4 new tyres) - I also get a years warranty too - so I'm happy :-)

I think its a pretty good deal its a 2005 3.0 Cabriolet 6 speed multronic, good service history, 40k miles with the transmission fluid change being done, 4 new tyres and 1 year warranty for £5500.

At least I hope its a good deal - seemed ok in my head!!