Newbie advice please

firedawg

Hi Folks,

Advice needed please if you would be so good as - Looking at buying a 07 A4 TDI 170 80k .trouble is it has had the DPF removed and has been remapped, While I used to think it was a good thing now I read that it is an MOT fail from this month. Also I read that the cambelt change is 75k  and as this has done 80k what is the cost if it hasn't been done ?

Shame cause the car is a good price but not if I have to pay for a DPF and cambelt to be fitted ? 

Thanks 

Mark

HI Mark welcome  :)

To be honest with the DPF removed and remap it will probably drive better and potentially have less issues but yes as you stated it will now be an MOT failure so it depends if you want to run the risk. A lot of cars that have had their DPF's removed have had it done so as to make it look as if it is still there but as you say it could still be a risk so up to you.

Thanks for reply !,

My MOT guy said it would fail but the seller who said he owns an MOT station said it would not - though I think what he means is that as the DPF is still on the car and as of yet it is a visual it should pass.

I have also read though that it can make your insurance invalid.

Thanks

Mark