Air Con problem

bounderboy

I know you guys probably get fed up with reading about Air Con problems..

Anyway parents Q7 air con stopped working..   They had regassed at Kwik Fit and all started working fine and a day later all stopped again.

Took it to a proper repair shop and they identified it needed a new compressor and replaced it and all was working again.   Day later stopped working again.   Took it back there was a loose wire that they reattached (don't think it needed regassing but I don't know for sure), they explained with taking the whole front of the car off was a small oversight, again all working day later stopped again .  

Now they are diagnosing a faulty pipe, which if they can fix up will be free, otherwise there will be a charge if they need a new one.  

They don't have any reason not to trust the garage however it is ringing alarm bells to me that if the aircon was working initially that the compressor was fine just leaking somewhere..?

Sure no-one can say categorically but does this sound fishy to you or could be how it is?  As I say garage has always been very good but I would hate to have parents pay lot for a compressor unnecessarily..

Thanks in advance..

• 4 months later...

hi all first post just joined

air con pipe went on ours ( 2007  3.0tdi) last summer , common problem i was told ,pipe corrodes on a clip.

the new pipe is modified.

think if memory serves me well pipe was around £170 from audi , put it on myself , easy enough took about an hour.