Recommendations for buying Audi Quattro

TheBully

Hi

I am moving from London down to the South Coast and and want to buy a AWD Audi for my commute to Surrey about 100 miles a day.  I really like the look of the Audi A4 and will have a budget of about 8000 max to spend on one once I have moved.

I am pretty tall 6'5" so need a car with plenty of leg room in the front and want something reasonably economical to run I also like the idea of a convertible.  I was looking at A4s on Autotrader the other day but when I type in Quattro as a key word it only shows 3 litre models that I guess are not going to be very economical to run are the AWD models only available with 3l engines?  I want AWD because I will be driving down the A24 and may have to drive in show etc.

Just looking for peoples thoughts etc on how I can find a Quattro and if it will be suitable.  Also I dont like driving an Automatic so would want a manual gearbox.

Cheers Graham

• 2 weeks later...

Well so it seems like I am going to be out of luck getting an AWD audi A4 the only ones I have seen are 3.2l models.  I rang up a local car dealship that has A4's on the forecourt and the guy told me he has sold hundreds of A4's and has not had a quattro in thats newer than an 05.  I am looking at Subaru Imprezas now as they are a bit cheaper and most of those are AWD.