loss of power !!!!

leightong

recently purchased my first Audi A3 2.0tdi sportback ... absolutely love it ,, drives really well .. but !! clutch is high and will probably need changing soon ... the problem i have is that on 2 occasions over the past few months it has lost power and struggles to get over 60mph after cooling it down it drives normal again !!! any ideas ? 

• 7 months later...

it has gone into limp mode, which normally clears once you restart it, most common reasons, turbo pressure overboost or DPF problem. You need to get a code reader on it, I guarantee you will have a code there. 

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Which code reader have you ordered?

Have you been to a garage yet?

My garage are saying they think it must be the injectors so they're going to swap the injectors out to see if that could be the cause.

If the injectors are a problem can they be cleaned or do you need to buy new ones ??

I would probably get new ones to be honest if they are the problem. You can buy injector cleaner that goes in the fuel but often the effects are fairly minimal. Could be worth a try though as it's usually cheap. You could also get similar or even better results from running a few tanks of a premium fuel and taking it for a good blast too.

Only just seen your reply James I've bought some injector cleaner and I've also put premium fuel in I've also bought some forte cleaner for the turbo and I've only done 27 miles and I'm starting to feel the difference so fingers crossed its done the trick !! Thanks pal

• 8 years later...

I’ve a A3 8p 1.4T and recently whilst driving I just lost power out of no-where, any ideas what I could be looking at? Anyone with previous issues of such and how you fixed them?

Welcome Andrew,

Regrettably, I fear any attempt to suggest possible causes would be pure guesswork from a whole array of possibilities. 
Have you had the car scanned for fault codes, and if not, do you intend to? 
Perhaps you could come back to us with the findings. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.