A5 Teething problems. Anyone help?

Pacco212

I have just bought an 2009 A5 and had it a week now, Drives great and differs from the old A4 i had few years back.

Thing is the Dynamic Steering light comes on now and again and also followed by the traction control light? these reset when car is stopped and restarted?

Car has full service and has just been done.

Also rear blind appears to be jammed and just clicks away, is there a quick fix for this or do i need a a trip to the local garage?

Hi mate and welcome to the club

Do you have any form of warranty on the car? or did you buy privately?

I would take it in and see if you can get an error code. If you bought privatly then you could take it to a small garage and get a code.. once you have that then you can research how to fix. 

Let us know how you get on mate

• Like 1

Yep, with regards to the warning lights plugging in for diagnostics should pull up an error code hopefully. Normally the dynamic steering light simply indicated a fault with the steering system which is a bit vague.

With regards to the blind, I believe they are one complete unit. However, I have heard storied of guys gently prying them up whilst someone presses the button and then greasing them as sometimes a clicking will indicate there is power to the motor but something is stuck.

Let us know how you get on