Oil Level

Wesley949

Audi A4 2.0 TDI S-Line Multitronic

Bought the above car brand new on 1st September 2014 and when checking the oil level on the electric MMI system, sometimes it states 3/4 full or Full.

I always check on a warm engine but still get either markings. This is where a dipstick check is better than replying on electrics as you get a precise marking.

Do I add a touch more oil or just ignore it?

Personally if it's not dipping below 3/4 I wouldn't worry about it.

You're doing the right thing by checking it manually every now and again anyway. If you find it drops below half way then just top it back up again.

If you're on long life service intervals the long life oil is designed to burn off a little bit in between services anyway to keep the oil fresh.

Thank-you for your reply.

This is my second every Diesel vehicle, but my first ever brand new vehicle. The Dealer advised me of oil loss within the first six-months but I've never had to use the proved 1-litre oil kit.

I hope it's not me being paranoid but I just prefer to be cautious. It has only ever dipped to the 3/4 mark but will keep checking in case it drops more.

Is there a chance of diesel mixing with the oil in the sump? I'm still shocked I have a two-year service plan. I've only covered 6000 miles since new.

Thank-you for your reply.

This is my second every Diesel vehicle, but my first ever brand new vehicle. The Dealer advised me of oil loss within the first six-months but I've never had to use the proved 1-litre oil kit.

I hope it's not me being paranoid but I just prefer to be cautious. It has only ever dipped to the 3/4 mark but will keep checking in case it drops more.

Is there a chance of diesel mixing with the oil in the sump? I'm still shocked I have a two-year service plan. I've only covered 6000 miles since new.

I would say that's unlikely in such a new vehicle