Q7 Panoramic roof wind deflector

noddyuk

Hi Guys

Im looking for some advice and possibly photos of how the wind deflector is fitted on the panoramic roof of a Q7, I purchased a Q7 checked the roof worked but didn't notice a wind deflector wasn't fitted (excitement I think).

I have bought the wind deflector part from Audi but they wanted £300 to fit.

No Audi garage within 100 miles has a Q7 for sell let alone one with a panoramic roof so I could go and have a look for myself, I have figured out where the bottom of the net slides through the grove to hold in position but cant figure out the rest. looking for advice of how hard it is to fit? and how/where the two safety clips are used?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi David,

Any idea why the wind deflector wasn't fitted? Are they not meant to be standard fit when you have the panoramic sunroof? I have heard reports of rattles/creaks from panoramic roofs so I wonder if this has been removed in trying to rectify a problem?

I can't imagine it being all that easy to fit as it opens and closes with the roof. Have you tried calling the next nearest Audi dealer to see if you can get a better price on fitting it?

Hi James

Not sure why it wasn't fitted. It had the roof replaced and fixed because it was leaking about a year ago so I wonder if it wasn't put back on then. Ive only had the car 3 weeks so I'm gradually finding things I never noticed when I bought it. Im going to a different dealer today to pick up another part so I will ask the question and see if they can advise me whether it can be fitted easily, or whether it will need to be fitted with special tools (Audi specific).

Thank you for replying I will let you know what this dealer has to say.

Lesson learnt! Dont use Bristol Audi! Went to Bath Audi to pick up a part today and I asked for assistance on how to fit the Wind deflector a guy came out and it was fitted within 2mins. No charge. They were also helpful on other matters and queries. Bristol Audi were going to charge £300 for the same job at a rate of £9000/hr. They have lost my business totally. Anybody want help in how to fit will be more than willing to help it is a very simple job. 

Lesson learnt! Dont use Bristol Audi! Went to Bath Audi to pick up a part today and I asked for assistance on how to fit the Wind deflector a guy came out and it was fitted within 2mins. No charge. They were also helpful on other matters and queries. Bristol Audi were going to charge £300 for the same job at a rate of £9000/hr. They have lost my business totally. Anybody want help in how to fit will be more than willing to help it is a very simple job. 

Wow what a result! Certainly seems as if it's good to shop around when it comes to dealers!  :)

Sorry for delayed reply been on holiday.

Certainly is and I wont be going there if I can avoid it!!

I would quite happily drive the extra 20 miles to Bath Audi after the service they gave me 

Sorry for delayed reply been on holiday.

Certainly is and I wont be going there if I can avoid it!!

I would quite happily drive the extra 20 miles to Bath Audi after the service they gave me 

It's definitely worth a slightly longer drive for an experience like that. It's great when you can build a relationship with an honest and helpful dealer  :D