Imported Audi A3 (EU) - LHD to RHD conversion

Snowblind

Greetings to all.

I recently imported an white Audi A3 (8P1) 2011 1.2 TFSI S-Line from the Netherlands.

Before that I drove a black Seat Leon 1.6 16v Sport 2001, also an import. I've been the only owner and it has done me for 198.000 miles, but now it's time for it to retire, it's getting to expensive to maintain.

Hopefully the Audi will last me a while as well :)

I love my new Audi and despite it's small engine, still packs a punch when needed. It does an average of 43MPG on my daily commute (64 miles).

While I'm here I'd like to ask a question:

This Audi, because it's an import, is of course fitted with Left Hand Drive Bi-Xenon's which means I'm blinding everyone. This is because of the cut-off shield inside the projector unit of the headlight assembly, which creates the beam pattern with the light kicking up to the right, shining people in the face.

I'm looking into replacing the projector part of the assembly to make it suitable for RHD, making it so that the light kicks up to the left.

Does anyone here have experience with EU to UK conversion and or know which parts I would need to order to do this?

I'm struggling to find if I need D2S, D2S mini or D3S projectors.
The original brand is Hella and what I believe they are, D3S projectors, but I can't confirm this.

Or is it as simple as taking out the projector and replacing the shield with RHD ones?

I can't seem to find shields to order anywhere on the web.

Any information is welcome!

Edited by Snowblind

Osram's vehicle lamp finder tool also suggests a D3S as original.

I know most people tend to just change the whole headlight units when converting LHD/RHD or the othjer way round but of course this can be expensive unless you're luck to find a second hand set or someone to swap with.

I'm interested to see if you managed to do it by just swapping the shields - make sure you get a guide up with photos if you manage it. 

Also wondering how easy it will be to source the parts and do Audi even supply them separately?