New member from Ipswich

acmaguire

Hi there!

Ive got a 2.0 tdi dsg in grey that ive owned for about 3 months now.

Needs some serious work doing to the body as its covered in scratches, a smart repairers nightmare car..

But ive got a few modifications going on at the moment including some nice shiney bits for under the bonnet to bring it back to life.

Looking forward to seeing some posts!

Hi James,

Its actually had 2 machine polishes now.

Originally it wasnt awful, but the valeters at sainsburys washed my car without an ok from myself.

After a long winded complaints process, they paid for both polishes!

The rest are on the drivers door and roof, which will get sorted as soon as a few mechanical bits and pieces are cleaned up.

Ill sort some photos out soon.

Thanks for the welcome!

:)

Our sainsburys down here just do it, or a friend had the same issue and they claimed 'a bird had !Removed! all over the windscreen'.

Although, they cleaned the whole body work bar the windows...

I would not be happy if this happened to me!

When I had my Mercedes I was running late and couldn't find a space but the valet guy didn't look busy, the car was filthy so I thought two birds etc. After a quick negotiation we agreed a price to include a quick hand polish. On my return, as soon as I saw the car I knew it hadn't been polished! After his "look at how great my work is" tour I didn't mention it until I had my key back at which point he proceeded to shout in my face claiming he had polished it. I asked to see the cloth he used, and after a stand-off he probably realised his little con wasn't going to work this time and being faced with half the money we agreed or nothing, he took the half.

It makes me wonder how many people these boys rip off, and cars they damage in a week!

You did well to get any kind of compensation B)

Yes I would not be happy either.

To be honest I'm not keen on letting anyone wash my car aside from myself, especially not one of the guys at Sainsburys.

I can never get away from the fact that you just don't know how many times that cloth/sponge has been dropped on the floor etc.  :blink:

Yes I would not be happy either.

To be honest I'm not keen on letting anyone wash my car aside from myself, especially not one of the guys at Sainsburys.

I can never get away from the fact that you just don't know how many times that cloth/sponge has been dropped on the floor etc.  :blink:

They are a nightmare!!!!

Im pretty sure theyre doing some sort of community service because they look like convicts :ph34r:

I ended up getting a machine polish, and £200 worth of smart repairs, and sent the bill to the headquarters for Hands On, and after a lengthy arguement, numerous photos of before and after (that put them down a bit), they sent an assessor out who thought he knew his stuff, but they paid up in the end.

As soon as 'criminal damage' was mentioned, they backed down.

They are a nightmare!!!!

Im pretty sure theyre doing some sort of community service because they look like convicts :ph34r:

I ended up getting a machine polish, and £200 worth of smart repairs, and sent the bill to the headquarters for Hands On, and after a lengthy arguement, numerous photos of before and after (that put them down a bit), they sent an assessor out who thought he knew his stuff, but they paid up in the end.

As soon as 'criminal damage' was mentioned, they backed down.

I'm still impressed you managed to get them to pay up. Good on you for standing up for yourself!  :D