New S4 owner checking in.

Stanners

Hi folks,

Just a quick hello as I have recently taken delivery of a 2012 S4 Avant Black Edition so thought joining a forum would make sense. I have been a member of the 350z forum for a good few years as I previously owned both a 350 and a 370.

Loving the car so far, does everything the 370 did and more but lacks a bit of the driving experience but as a daily drive how often do you really get to put a car through it's paces these days.

Struggling to get the car to connect to the Audi Connect App with my iphone 6 if anyone can assist. Works fine for calls and streaming spotify but unable to find how to add this pin number. If anyone can assist that would be great.

A couple of pics of the zeds followed by the replacement below. Hope to meet up on a drive out one day.

Regards

Stanners

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi David welcome to AOC :smile:

Nice few cars you've had - loving the blue 370Z....

Bit of change going from a 370 to an estate.. why the move out of interest? Needed something more practical?

Hi James,

Thanks very much for the welcome. Yes it is a big change, I was running 2 cars as we have a young boy but found I was using the 370z less and less so decided it was time to get something speedy and practical and return to just the one. A mate recently bought an Rs5 so I considered maybe the S5 sportback but then saw this and thought it looked nice. Very pleased with it although it doesn't tirn as many heads as the blue one. 

What are you driving? The Audi range now really is impressive.

Rgds

Dave

I'm in a 2008 S5 at the minute, the older one with the V8.

Yes I'm not surprised that you find it doesn't turn as many heads but that's what Audi is often about being very understated yet classy. I bet it's also fun for you to surprise a few people at the lights who think it's "just another 2.0 TDI" :biggrin:

Makes sense though if you weren't really driving the Z that much!

Nice, any pics? I do like the S5 but had to go 5 doors with a nipper and another on the way or I would have got one. Not sure 15mpg would have been good though. 20 is bad enough. 

Not got any on my work PC but I'll try and remember to grab a couple from home :biggrin:

They do the S5 sportback now which is quite nice looks wise. Not quite the same as coupe but if you need the added practicality not bad I guess!

I do always have a soft spot for an understated fast estate though so I'd probably do the same as you if I needed the added practicality. There's something cool about burning someone off the lights in a subtle looking estate car :yes:

• Like 1

Yes lob a pic up if you get chance James.

I did almost buy an A5 sportback but decided on the S4 in the end. As you say understaded but pretty quick. Not as fast as your best though 😄

• Like 1

• 2 years later...