DRL activation on unlocking

Als

On unlocking the car at night or when it's dark both the day time running lights (DRL) and the headlights turn on even if i then don't start the engine. But when I unlock during day time only the indicator light flashes but then the DRLs don't turn on which I was expecting them to do :( 
Before this car I had an SE A6 whose sidelights would turn on when unlocking the car. 
Is there a separate setting for that as I've tried fiddling with the MMI and car setting menu. 
Thanks. 

Try going to 'Systems', 'Vehicle Settings', 'Exterior Lighting' where you can check or uncheck lights on when unlocking. And on mine that is with the lights set to auto, which would explain the difference in behaviour between day time and night time.

Strange, I have just tried it on mine and the lights do not turn on at night (now) with the 'off' selection selected. Have I mis-understood your question?

• 3 months later...

There's nothing wrong with your car! No need for VAGCOM! Lights will switch on when opening your car only when needed, meaning evening/night time. Why would you need them during the day anyway?

Hi. 

Thanks for your post. 

I just think it'll look cool if the DRLs come up at day time too. But I get your point...!

Cheers.