Door mirror control stopped working

phebas

The control on the driver's door arm rest for setting the angle of both mirrors has suddenly stopped working. Cannot move either the left or right mirror. Sudden failure on both mirrors suggests a fuse problem. Does anyone know where the fuse(s) for this function is located?

You'll need to consult your manual for the exact location, but quite a few Audis have more than one fuse box.

Check either side of the dash board as that is quite a common location and sometimes there will be a diagram to tell you which fuse does what.

• 3 months later...

An update to my original post. I replaced the drivers mirror control unit (located in the arm rest, part no 8K0959565C). This did not resolve the problem, still cannot move either mirror. The switch is getting power since I checked the 4-pin connector to the switch (12v on two of the four wires going to the switch). Checked the continuity of the cable back to the big module beside the bass speaker -ok there. I'm still getting the follow code via my scanner "01705 Selection Switch for Mirror- Adjust (E48) -sporadic 008-Implausible Signal" after replacing the switch. Any suggestions as to what's going on?