Differences between standard and S-line suspension

Mad_Mac

Dear All

I'm really sorry if that was discussed before but I'm new and couldn't find it. Are there any differences in suspension between standard SE and lowered S-line apart from springs?

I'm looking into lowering suspension but wouldn't like to go any lower than 20mm as I drive my kids everyday so don't want to lose to much comfort. I had A4 B8 S-line for 1,5 months and family didn't mind these -20mm but I'm afraid that if I would go with aftermarket -35mm that could be too much. I love the look of lower suspension and it would definitely help me during track days as well. I asked audi and they quoted me nearly £500 for springs which is crazy. Do you know any good, tested alternatives? Thank you for any advice.

I think the dampers are firmer too, but aside from that it's just springs. Audi these days offer either sport (20mm) or S line (30mm) drop I believe, so it would probably be worth pursuing the sports suspension. In fact, I think many B8 models had sports suspension as standard so it might be worth checking?