New A7 owner.

DoDg3

Hi All,

Just a quick introduction, my name is Dodge from a small village in West Sussex.

I recently purchased a white 2011 A5 TFSI but after a few oil issues I made the decision to trade it for a highly specced out gloss black 2010 A7 3.0 TDI SE - best decision ever!

I'll be frequenting this bountiful fountain of knowledge a lot, as I now have a rekindled  passion for cars.

Out of curiosity are there any other A7 owners from Sussex on here?

thanks

Dodge

image.jpeg

Indeed, I like the subtle aggressive look of the RS7 front and side skirts.

Stage 2 is a no go, I received a quote yesterday afternoon and it is monsterous! Basically from what I've been told, a new gearbox, clutch and other various bits would be required to handle the huge increase of torque.

Next month I'm going to pop it in TCGarage for a stage 1 Revo remap and a slight adjustment to the existing stock exhaust, providing an increase of performance to approx 310bhp, which isn't bad considering the stock runs at 245bhp.

I also want to discuss making it a low rider, which may provide difficult as it has the active air suspension.

Any experience?

Personally I'd stick with the air suspension as it's a nice set up, mind you I have issues with low cars as my drive causes problems. I have to drive on at a silly angle to stop low cars scraping :sad:

How low are you looking to go?

That's what I need to find out, is it possible to lower on the original air suspension, if not I wont bother. In terms of by how much, somewhere between 30-40mm.

Using the VCDS VAG cable and this post (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php/154321-VCDS-Tricks-for-the-A7), I've updated the system for VIM, boot open and close on remote and auto parking break when in P.