thinking of buying a 2007 Audi A4 2.0 TDI (CVT)

scotty7519

Hi there looking for some advice please guys I am new to the site!! :)

I am thinking about buying an A4 2.0 (138bhp) TDI s line 2007 Avant with the multitronic gear box (CVT box). Having done some research on the net you would think it was the worst car in the world to buy!!! Always the same isn't it you cut your finger so look up the net how to stop the bleeding an before you know it you got 6 months to live!!

Anyway I read about problems with the oil pump starving the engine due to poor design and causing massive engine failure, however looking into It is this only on earlier models 2005 etc. was the problem rectified or was it still an issue on the 2007 model. What should I be looking out for on the car it has just had the timing belt and water pumped changed at 85k miles now has 91k miles. it is front wheel drive model also with the auto box is the issue been fixed I had an S6 2001 model few years ago and the auto box failed £3k to fix this car due to the setup with the clutch plates which Audi upgraded from 6 to 7. It also has the flappy paddles on the steering wheel and all my Audi's I have driven were all auto's with no issues. ( Audi 100 1994, A6 2.6 V6 1996, A6 2.4 V6 2000 and lastly the S6 4.2 V8 2001.)

I know mainly that only what is on the net are always going to be moans and groans about cars no rarely comes on and writes about how amazing their car is!!!! And not many for sale be honest were I live either they are in the carpark in the sky or driving so well the owner will keep it.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to the replies guys!

Cheers

Scott