Fine sand stuck to paintwork

I was behind a lorry on the motorway carrying sand/aggregate. The canvas cover was flapping and as I passed I could hear the noise of sand hitting my car. I could see the sand particles all over the bonnet as I drove but they didn't blow off despite 90 mph +. I jet washed the car as soon as I could but the car is covered with thousands of fine particles that have adhered to the paint. I can pick them off one by one with my fingernails but the car is covered with them. Any suggestions please on how to get them off without rubbing them in to the paint like sandpaper ?

Thanks

HI Dave...welcome to the club!

I think continual jet washing (reduced pressure) / soapy sponge (with a very gentle application) may be the best and safest way to remove the grit.

Another method could be using a feather duster on the paintwork to shift it without applying any real pressure or rubbing motion.

Let us know how you get on

Regards    Trevor - Admin

Dave try autoglem debris remover my car is always covered in particals and sand im parked on a industrial estate 5 days a week got to eash at least 3 times a week no scratch or swirles  i bey 5lts a time and mix with maguires NXT shampoo no problems hope this is of some help Andy F

• Like 1